Body skincare you should treat yourself to…
Choose one or choose all of our handmade body lotions, massage bars and more. Each one of our products are an entirely unique experience as each one tends to various skin requirements . They are all made with fresh, nourishing organic ingredients and carry the most beautiful natural fragrances. No matter which one you choose, you skin will be soft and you will feel good.
Benefits of moisturising…
- Helps prevent and treat dry skin.
- Protects sensitive skin, improves skin tone and texture and reduce imperfections.
- Retain moisture levels of the skin necessary for healthy cell production.
- It also protects the outer layer of the skin from harmful effects of sun, wind and other environmental factors.
When and how to moisturise?
- Apply immediately after drying your skin after a shower or a bath. As the skin is still warm and moist, moisturiser is emulsified and the skin surface is able to absorb more efficiently.
- Apply moisturiser onto your hands every time you wash them.
- After you have finished cleansing your face with the appropriate cleanser for your skin type you must immediately apply a suitable moisturiser. If you leave it too long, the moisture can evaporate taking your skin’s natural moisture with it.
- You can even apply it as a protective base for make-up. A light consistency moisturiser holds the make-up for longer.
It is important to find out the right moisturiser for yourself depending on your age, skin type and whether you are suffering from specific skin conditions like acne or eczema. To choose the perfect moisturiser for yourself, consider the following guideline:
Normal skin: This type of skin is neither too dry nor too oily. In order to maintain the natural moisture balance of the skin, it is recommended to use a water-based moisturiser which has a light and non-greasy feeling.
Dry skin: For those of us with dry skin type, choose a moisturiser that helps to restore moisture to the skin. It is better to use a oil-based moisturiser that contains moisturising ingredients. Such products will help keep your skin hydrated.
Oily skin: Acne is a common problem for those with oily skin. Applying a light moisturiser and cleansing and toning with prducts that all contain tea-tree oil and witch hazel can be be effective in reducing oil production.
Sensitive skin: For those with sensitive skin, use a moisturiser that contains soothing ingredients such as lavender or chamomile. Over aggravating sensitive skin can cause recurring problems. A once-a-week exfoliation treatment should be considered as well as an all-natural moisturiser.
Mature skin: As you age, your skin tends to become drier as the oil-producing glands become less active. To keep your skin soft and well hydrated, opt for an oil-based moisturiser, along with essentials oils to combat age related problems like wrinkles, fine lines, age spots and so on.
Some Additional Tips
- When using a moisturising lotion or cream, your skin feels oily or heavy then you need to stop using it immediately. Such products may cause more harm than good to your delicate skin.
- Along with applying moisturiser to your skin, you need to make extra effort to keep your body well hydrated. After all the human body is made up of 75% water so we need to drink enough water throughout the day to keep it hydrated.
- An important point to remember is when out in the sunlight, opt to use a moisturiser that contains a sunscreen of SPF 15 or higher to protect your skin from sun damage. At present Cherry Essentials moisturising products are variably between SPF 4-5.
- Try experimenting with several products until you find a moisturiser that works best for your skin type and makes your skin look and feel soft.
Any skin type is susceptible to skin dryness, even oily skin but with the help of appropriate moisturising routine your skin will look good and healthy.