Try to spend at least a few minutes massaging your feet. This is an activity better not rushed. Feet are a very important part of the body as they operate in conjunction with our vital organs through the nervous system. Therefore dedicating a little time to massaging them can yield therapeutic benefits around the body.
Before beginning, remember to take your time while massaging your body, enjoy the aromas of the oil as you gently massage it into your skin, increasing or decreasing the pressure depending on what feels good for you. Also, take a second to acknowledge that when you start your day with a self-massage, you are doing this to “check in” with yourself, i.e. meet yourself where you are. Think how this correlates with what your hands need to do. An energetic massage stroke will vitalise the body and mind, which helps if you’ve been feeling mentally or physically lethargic. A slower, leisurely self-massage while focusing on your breath helps your mind slow down and your body relax.
- Start with some Yang cream, it’s an intensive moisture treatment for your tootsies! Gently heat some of the cream in your hands (careful, it’ll go a bit melty!) Or you can try a massage oil, Om, Faith and Energy are each made with a delicate blend of essential oils to hydrate the skin and relax the mind.
- Begin to massage the cream or oil into the sole of your foot, making a figure of eight with your knuckles as you go, covering the length of the foot.
- Then, using more product as necessary, begin working at the heel, use the knuckle of your index finger to work upwards with gentle circular motions in the direction of the toes.
- Move to the pad underneath the big toe, making smaller circles here.
- Finally, bring the massage to an end by holding your foot in the palm of your hand and use the finger tips to massage along the sides.
massage bar with orange & vanilla
ENERGY invigorating body oil with lemon & eucalyptus£16.00
nurturing body oil with orange & vanilla
spiritual body oil with rose, chamomile & frankincense
Relaxing and Relieving Massage Bar with Rose, Jasmine & Vanilla£7.00
foot balm with eucalyptus & lemon